The American Chamber of Commerce has announced the launch of the 2014 AmCham – DHL Express Success & Innovation Awards. The Awards celebrate business achievement between New Zealand and the United States.
This award will be presented annually to a person, group of people or organization who have made significant contributions to strengthening the bonds between the people of New Zealand and the United States. The contributions can be made in any field that complements the deep political and economic ties between New Zealand and the USA, including education, science, research, culture, arts and sports.
“The annual Success & Innovation Awards provide an opportunity to showcase those companies that have demonstrated imagination, innovation and entrepreneurship, as well as honour and celebrate their achievements,” says AmCham Executive Director Mike Hearn.
The Award categories are:
- Exporter of the Year to the USA – with export revenues to the USA up to NZ $500,000
- Exporter of the Year to the USA – revenues from NZ $501,000 to NZ $5 million and
- Exporter of the Year to the USA – revenues over NZ $5 million
- Importer of the Year from the USA
- Investor of the Year for New Zealand companies investing in the US, as well as US companies investing in New Zealand
- The Eric & Kathy Hertz Award for Citizen Diplomacy
Previous winners of the Supreme Award have included ZESPRI International, Peace Software, Airways Corporation, HumanWare, Tenon, Orion Systems International, Zeacom, Specialist Marine Interiors, Fonterra and Christchurch Engine Centre, Buckley Systems, Vista Entertainment and Greenshell New Zealand.
Entries close at 5.00 pm on 6 June. Finalists will be announced on 4 July and the winners announced at the black tie awards dinner on 7 August at the Pullman Hotel Auckland
For details and application from see: AmCham-DHL Express Success & Innovation Awards