Join the team!
We have taken the decision to hire a part time GM for the Tech Cluster. While we are very proud of what we achieve as a volunteer committee we also realise that time is of the essence in executing on our strategic goals. Christchurch is now the second largest tech sector in New Zealand and growing rapidly, we need to keep up the momentum and our positioning of Christchurch as a city of tech innovation and opportunity. We would also like to ensure the longevity of the Tech Cluster that comes with the continuity of having paid staff.
The advert for the position is included below, if you know anyone who would be a great fit please encourage them to apply. If you have any concerns about the strategy of hiring a GM please don’t hesitate to make contact with the committee.
The General Manager will lead and support the growth strategy of the Canterbury Tech Cluster through the provision of exceptional leadership that drives profitable returns, growing memberships and improving profile and relationships locally, nationally and internationally.
They will lead activities such as fund and sponsorship generation, growing and diversifying member base and membership revenue. They will also help delivering back into the member community knowledge bases and network opportunities.
The General Manager will report to the Committee and is ultimately accountable to the Canterbury Tech Cluster members.
- 20 hours per week, initial 1 year contract
- Use your extensive local tech network
- Drive growth in membership, profile and financial aspects
- Driving the overall strategy (with input from the committee)
- Improve internal Cluster operation
- Being the face of the organisation
- Engaging with the industry to represent the Cluster both locally and nationally
- Having their finger on the pulse of the tech sector
- Managing and leveraging partnering opportunities to deliver value to our members
- Business development to help grow our sponsor base
- Driving increased membership and ensuring that all sub groups within the Cluster member base have their needs met
- Lifting member engagement and bringing the Canterbury Tech sector to the forefront of the broader sector within NZ (and beyond)
- Increase value delivered to members, measured by increased attendance and NPI scores
- Improve comms and PR efforts to raise Cluster profile nationally
- Ensuring Christchurch is recognised as a tech hub nationally, attracting talent to the city is vital.
- Increasing networking opportunities for our members
- Increasing the uptake of interns and students by Canterbury employers
What you will need to be successful in this role
- Proven senior management experience, ideally in tech companies
- An extensive local or national network within the tech eco-system
- Strong business development skills, including the ability to close deals
- Ability to relate to people at all levels of organisations
- Extensive commercial and financial management skills
- Proven ability to be a true leader, deal with ambiguity
- Strategic management experience, preferably within a technology company
- High energy level with the ability to be responsive, innovative and creative in your approach.
What’s in it for you
You will be directly involved in shaping and growing the Canterbury Tech Sector community profile and this role will become a highlight of your professional portfolio. You will enjoy autonomy and the freedom to create, innovate and deliver solutions that will benefit the region. You will be able to take Canterbury Tech to yet another level! You will have the support of an awesome committee and a loyal member community. The remuneration package reflects importance of this key positions and you will be pleased with what is on offer.
This position is part time with some flexibility around days / hours worked but there is a requirement to be available after hours at last once a month for meetings.
For initial confidential inquiries about this outstanding opportunity and to register your interest please contact Heidi Griffiths on firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online here with your CV and covering letter stating reference 1109