- rely on business partners, suppliers and/or distributors in other jurisdictions?
- get involved in international financial decisions?
- import or export?
- have personnel operating off-shore, whether you are in the private of publicsector?
Don’t miss this opportunity to make sure you and your staff, particularly those who travel internationally, are aware of potential issues around corruption, bribery and fraud.
New Zealanders should be proud of our very low levels of perceived corruption, but the level of interaction New Zealand businesses and public sector organisations are having with parts of the world where corruption is commonplace is at an all-time high.
This means the pressure to keep New Zealand corruption free and to protect New Zealand businesses from falling foul of anti-corruption legislation is growing.
At this session David Seath from Deloitte and Josh Blackmore from Chapman Tripp will outline:
- what bribery is
- the legislation around bribery in NZ and around the world
- how to recognise and respond appropriately to situations that may indicate bribery.
You will also hear from Bronwyn Groot, BNZ’s National Security & Fraud Coordinator who will show you how to keep yourselves and your loved ones from being scammed.
Date: Tuesday 23 September
Time: 9:00am to 11:00am
Location: Blossom Lady Lounge, Addington Raceway
Cost: CECC Members: $25.00 + GST, Non-Members: $45.00 + GST