Join CDC for a FREE seminar aimed at all Canterbury businesses that employ, or are looking to employ migrants.
You will hear from:
Michaela Blacklock – Canterbury Development Corporation (CDC)
- Canterbury’s regional labour market: role of immigration, outlook, and key features
- CDC – living & working toolkit to support manufacturing and technology firms to market themselves and recruit migrants
Steve Jones – Immigration New Zealand, Christchurch (INZ)
- Key visa types – residence, work to residence, essential
- skills work
- Variation of conditions and common barriers – causes that
- delay the application process
- Accessing further INZ information
Lana Hart – Skilled Migrant Business Services/Canterbury Employers’ Chamber of Commerce (CECC)
- How to retain migrant staff
- INZ tools and resources
- What businesses say about recruiting from offshore Drinks & nibbles will be served.
DATE: Thursday 20 November
TIME: 5:30pm to 7:30pm
VENUE: CDC Boardroom, 1/99 Cashel Street (in Restart Mall), Christchurch
PRICE: FREE to attend
REGISTER ONLINE: www.cecc.org.nz/whats-on/events/other-events/immigration-seminar
Registration is essential.
For further information contact Lana Hart or Lisa Burdes on 03 366 5096.