A power shift is occurring as distributed generation, storage, and demand control systems disrupt electricity supply and utility companies around the world. Connected appliances, meters and assets are creating a bow wave of big data fueling innovation in electricity retail, asset maintenance, and energy management systems. As “smart grid” technology accelerates, new opportunities are arising for ICT and software development companies to capture part of this value chain. Join us at the University of Canterbury to learn how smart grids are evolving and find a future opportunity for your business.
- Introduction: Chris Thomson, Energy Sector Manager, Callaghan Innovation
- Smart grid overview: Dr Allan Miller, Director, Electric Power Engineering Centre
- Emerging technology challenges: Glenn Coates, Strategic Planning Manager, Orion Networks
- Digital strategies for energy management: Rob Barr, Solutions Architect, Jade Software Ltd
- Drinks, nibbles and networking
Callaghan Innovation is a government agency that helps businesses succeed through technology This event is proudly supported by NZ Tech and ourselves.