Canterbury Tech are looking for a part time event coordinator to support the management committee in the end-to-end delivery of the annual Canterbury Tech Summit.
The Summit is the South Island’s largest technology conference with over 700 attendees and a key event on the sector’s calendar nationally. Having run annually for 16 years, the event has a long history and strong reputation as a high quality, must-attend event. The Summit’s main aim is to promote, celebrate and showcase Canterbury’s tech sector.
- 10 – 30 hours per week – 1 year contract
- South Islands Largest Annual Tech Conference
- Flexible work hours – exciting role, self-managing
- Plan event from start to finish
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Manage sponsorship activation / ensure delivery of sponsor value
- Coordinate all operations
- Lead all marketing promotional activities for the event
- Coordinate event branding & design
- Supervise all staff
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Ensure event is completed and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare reports
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Proven experience as an Event Manager
- Skilled in project management
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Excellent organizational skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
Not essential but good to have:
- Website maintenance experience
- Direct email marketing experience
- Design skills
- An understanding of the technology landscape
- Event management software
- Speaker curation
What’s in it for you:
You will be directly involved in shaping and growing the Canterbury Tech Sector community profile. You will enjoy autonomy and the freedom to create, innovate and deliver solutions that will benefit the region. You will be able to take Canterbury Tech to yet another level! You will have the support of an awesome committee and a loyal member community. The remuneration package reflects importance of this key positions and you will be pleased with what is on offer. This position is part time with flexibility around days / hours worked but there is a requirement to be involved full time for several days around the Summit event in mid-September 2019.
Who is hiring:
The Canterbury Tech Cluster is a non-profit membership organisation helping Canterbury’s Tech sector succeed at home and worldwide. The Cluster helps individuals and companies to connect, be inspired and grow.
The Cluster’s activities are led by a voluntary committee supported by a part-time General Manager and Operations Manager. Activities include monthly speaker events and the annual Canterbury Tech Summit, the South Island’s largest Tech Conference that brings together leaders in innovation, technology and business to share ideas, grow their network and be inspired.
For initial confidential inquiries about this outstanding opportunity and to register your interest please contact Heidi Griffiths on firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online here with your CV and covering letter stating reference 1133.