The 2017 Canterbury Tech Summit was held on the 14th September at the Air Force Museum of New Zealand.
The Canterbury Tech Summit explores trends, opportunities, and major shifts on the horizon. In 2017 over 650 members of the tech ecosystem gathered to be inspired by world-class speakers, build lasting connections and grow New Zealand’s technology sector. This year’s theme was “Grow” encapsulates four key topics:
1) Artificial Intelligence
2) Cybersecurity and Bitcoin
3) Hi-tech Export
4) Strategy and Leadership
- Make deals and do business with serious entrepreneurs, industry leaders, innovators, and investors.
- Get access to Canterbury’s entrepreneurial ecosystem and meet up with decision makers in a collaborative environment.
- Engage with multiplyers and community members who actively support our ecosystem including Callaghan Innovation and CDC.
- Challenge yourself to create solutions that could change our world.
- Cross-pollinate your business with innovative new ideas
Who Should attend
The Summit is for everyone with an interest in the tech sector particularly if you:
- are a founder/ entrepreneur wanting to hear other people’s success stories
- sell software products
- support a tech company with your professional expertise (e.g. marketing, HR, legal, finance)
- manage a team
- are a developer
- are a student interested in joining the vibrant tech industry
Attendee feedback from 2016:
“It is the best value must attend IT networking event in NZ.”
“Some of the staff at our company were attending for the first time. I think it gave them a sense of just how big and important the IT scene is in Christchurch”
“The standout event on the annual calendar for our sector to get together, and increasingly to demonstrate how well the sector is faring here in Canterbury.”
“The Summit was well run with a very high calibre of speakers and excellent opportunities to network.”
“It’s an essential event for anyone working in the tech sector in the South Island.”
See highlights from the 2016 Canterbury Tech Summit:
Tech summit an outstanding showcase of Canterbury’s strength (2016 event re-cap)
2016 Sponsors video.