2024 Canterbury Committee Election Details
If you’re interested in becoming a committee member in 2024, here is some important information for you to digest.
In November we will hold our online elections for new volunteer committee members. If you are interested in giving back to the tech community we will be looking for 2-3 new committee members – would you like to stand for elections in November?
It’s a unique mix of mucking in, building community and governance – in particular we need people with an interest in one (or more) of the following :
- MC’ing and networking methods to improve inclusion and connectedness
- Business Analysts and UX designers to assist with special projects for the good of the community
- Software developers or technical leaders with strong diverse networks or looking to build wider networks to help us source high quality technical talks – what’s cutting edge?
- Data cleansing
- Capital raising and investment readiness to support our special project
- MVP design to support our special project
We highly encourage you to get involved, if you are interested to find out more, feel free to reply to this email to set up a time to have a chat and a cuppa.
Important dates: Committee Elections Timeline
NOMINATION SUBMISSION PERIOD
- Tuesday 14th November – Nominations Open at midday
- Friday 24th November – Nominations Close at 5pm
- Tuesday 28th November – Voting Opens at midday
- Sunday 3rd December – Voting Closes at 5pm
Monday 4th December – GM calls all candidates with their result
· Tuesday 5th December – Election results and new Committee announced at AGM
If you’d like to learn more and submit your nomination, please fill out the form here. You will be able to downloads committee requirements and details there.